A must-read for every church leader committed to seeing the gospel of Jesus grow and bear fruit.
For many years, evangelical church leaders have been told that the key to seeing gospel growth is to “just be faithful”. In Growth and Change, Andrew Heard challenges this misconception head-on with wisdom from decades of ministry experience and deep theological reflection.
Richly biblical and heartfelt, this ground-breaking book confronts sacred cows, rejects easy answers and addresses the tensions felt by every leader who wants to proactively work for change while remaining absolutely committed to the word of God.
This is a must-read for every church leader committed to seeing the gospel of Jesus grow and bear fruit.
1. Change and the unchanging God
2. The danger of a passion for growth
3. The necessity of a passion for growth
4. The importance of numbers
5. Rethinking our priorities
6. Tying together the threads (so far)
7. Bearing the weight of responsibility
8. Living with the tensions
9. Theologically principled pragmatism
10. Freedom and boundaries in church life
11. Freedom and boundaries for pastors
12. Leading with outcomes at the centre
13. Dealing with the pressure of ministry
Conclusion: Do not stoop
Appendix: Five foundations for ministry
|Andrew Heard, Geoff Robson
I honestly believe this could prove to be one of the most important books (after the Bible, of course) for church leaders in our time.
How can we care about growing a church and not lose our theological moorings in the process? Andrew Heard shows us the way.
Andrew Heard is well known and well trusted in Australia, his homeland. Now we pray that his influence may multiply exponentially around the world.