Major themes from 1 Corinthians applied to today’s church.
We are surrounded by many types of spirituality today, but what does authentic biblical spirituality look like? We may have more in common with the Corinthian church than we think.
A spiritual crisis
True spirituality: a contemporary issue
True spirituality: a Corinthian issue
A challenge for today
1. focuses on Christ's cross, not on human wisdom
2. respects faithful leaders, not flashy ones
3. demands holiness, not moral permissiveness
4. affirms both marriage and singleness, but not ascetism
5. promotes spiritual concern, not unfettered freedom
6. affirms gender differences, but not social divisions
7. prioritises love, not spiritual gifts
8. focuses on a physical future, not just the spiritual present
Hearing the challenge
Does the Holy Spirit have me?
|Digital (delivered electronically)