A new edition of an abridgement of theologian Wayne Grudem's best-selling textbook, Systematic Theology.
How do we know the Bible is God's Word? What is sin and where did it come from? How is Jesus fully God and fully man? What are spiritual gifts? When and how will Christ return?
If you've asked questions like these, then systematic theology is no abstract term. It's an approach to finding answers every Christian needs to know.
The second edition of Bible Doctrine is an abridgement of theologian Wayne Grudem's best-selling textbook, Systematic Theology, making it easier to understand.
It covers the same essentials of the faith, giving you a firm grasp on seven key topics:
The Doctrine of the Word of God
The Doctrine of God
The Doctrine of Man
The Doctrine of Christ
The Doctrine of the Application of Redemption
The Doctrine of the Church
The Doctrine of the Future.
This new edition now includes:
• New, thoughtful critiques of open theism, the new perspective on Paul, Molinism (or "middle knowledge"), "Free Grace" theology, and the preterist view of Christ's second coming.
• Completely revised, stronger chapter on the clarity of Scripture
• Completely revised, stronger chapter on creation and evolution.
• New discussion of how biblical inerrancy applies to some specific "problem verses" in the Gospels
• Additional material respectfully explaining evangelical Protestant differences with Roman Catholicism (with extensive interaction with the Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church), Protestant liberalism, and Mormonism
• Completely updated bibliographies
• All Scripture quotations updated from RSV to ESV
• An explanation of why monogenes in John 3:16 and elsewhere should be translated as "only begotten" rather than merely "only"
• An extensive discussion on the eternal submission of the Son to the Father
• A discussion of recent criticisms of the penal substitutionary view of the atonement
• Numerous other updates and corrections that have be prompted by letters and emails from people around the world and by interaction with the students Wayne has taught over the last 26 years both at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and at Phoenix Seminary
|160mm x 240mm x 45mm